The purpose of the association shall be;
- to raise community awareness of visual arts education,
- enrich the total K-12 education program through the visual arts,
- to stimulate and promote excellence in the teaching of visual art as an integral part of the total curriculum throughout Round Rock ISD,
- to grow the professional visual art faculty of Round Rock ISD through enhanced professional development,
- and to promote visual art through community interaction.
Round Rock Art Education Association Facebook
Find out the latest information about the Association on our Facebook page. Contact any board member for updates and Information.
Co-President – Secondary / Cristina Mann (Pearson Ranch MS)
Co-President – Elementary / Kim Block (Callison / Forest Creek ES)
Secretary / Kyla Spady (Sommer ES)
Treasurer / Jennifer Shock (England ES)
At-Large / Elissa Stanton (Callison ES)
At Large / Melanie Morey (Cedar Valley MS)
At Large / Cari Washburn (Westwood HS)
Ex-officio – District Representative / Tim Lowke, Assistant Director of Visual & Performing Arts
Membership in this association shall be extended to individuals interested in promoting art education.
Only members shall be eligible to participate in business meetings or to serve in any of its elected or appointed positions.
Membership in the National Art Education Association (NAEA) and Texas Art Education Association (TAEA) is not required for membership in the Round Rock Art Education Association but is strongly encouraged. All officers must be current members of Texas Art Education Association (TAEA).
A yearly membership fee of $10.00 per professional member and $5.00 for student interns (high school seniors through college) will be assessed and collected. Membership fees may be adjusted by a majority vote of the membership.