Make an Impact
Community members are invited by the RRISD Council of the Arts to give back to our fine arts programs across the district either through volunteerism or monetary gifts.
Volunteering: Volunteer opportunities are posted periodically for projects at the district, campus or community levels.
Donations: Monetary donations to enrich, provide and support student fine arts learning are always welcome. Through our Fine Arts Fund, community members can sponsor a student in need with private instrument or vocal lessons, visual arts supplies they might be able to afford or dress a dancer in our elementary, middle or high school dance programs. To give a monetary gift, please check out the project list with costs and make your donation through the RRISD Partners in Education Foundation Fine Arts Fund.
Council of the Arts
The Round Rock ISD “Council of the Arts” is an advisory board that consists of community arts partners, arts industry members, RRISD students, teachers, parents and administrators. The officers for the organization include a chairperson, co-chairperson, secretaries and ex officio members.
The advisory board functions to provide advice, guidance, support and advocacy for the visual and performing arts programs in the Round Rock Independent School District.
- to expand the visual and performing arts programs
- provide curriculum and teacher training
- assist with obtaining funds for students and programs
- raise awareness for prospective students and families
- secure student internships and scholarships
- provide in-kind contributions to the visual and performing arts program that are used to advance the mission and vision, including but not limited to:
- volunteer time spent working on advisory board objectives
- supplies, equipment aligned with the course curriculum
- provide conference passes, tickets to events aligned with course curriculum
- share web-based links and resources relating to visual and performing arts
- facilitate networking with other industry professionals
assist with experiential learning activities for all visual and performing arts students; bridging the gap between the classroom, and the “real world”
- advocate for facilities that promote excellence in visual and performing arts programming and learning
The primary objective of the Advisory Board is to support the following goals of the visual and performing arts programs for Round Rock ISD:
1. Prepare visual and performing arts students through course work and related experiential education for success in higher education, their careers and in life.
2. Provide internships for visual and performing arts program students.
3. Provide training and professional development opportunities for teachers.
4. Provide and solicit assistance from the business community in funding the visual and performing arts programs.
5. Enlist the expertise of individuals in the industry to assist with development and evaluation of curriculum, student selection, scholarships and internships.
6. Advocate on behalf of the visual and performing arts programs.
Support our Council Partners
The Round Rock ISD Visual Arts Program places student work at a number of community venues throughout the year blurring the lines between school and community. Stop by and see student artwork from grades K through 12 at any of our partners from October through May.